Saturday, January 28, 2012

DIY Shoe Racks

I was inspired by a photo I saw on Pintrest that used wood molding to make shoe racks for high heels (I would credit the original source but none was listed). Since my shoe collection is quite extensive, and I can never have too much shoe storage, I decided to tackle the project.

Supplies: crown molding and base molding cut to the same length, wood glue, and spray paint


You can make them any length depending on the space you have to hang them. I chose to make three smaller racks and they were super easy to put together. All you do is use wood glue to glue the base and crown molding together as shown in the picture below. You can use finish nails to hold the wood in place while the glue dries but I just got creative with propping mine up to dry.



Let the glue dry overnight and then you can paint them. I chose a fun magenta purple because hey, why not?!




When I was ready to hang them, I measured and pre-drilled three holes in each rack. I also pre-drilled holes in the wall and then used anchors and screws to hang them up. I am pretty pleased with the end result!


No comments:

Post a Comment