Monday, April 2, 2012

New Life for an Old Mirror

I have had this mirror pretty much my whole life. It started out as a white wicker mirror than was on the wall in my bedroom growing up. When I moved out of my parent's house and got my own place I took the mirror with me. My first revamp of the mirror included adding dowel rods and plywood pieces my Dad cut to cover the wicker, plus some paint. Nearly 5 years later I have decided to give the mirror new life again! Here are some pictures of what I started with:



I was planning to paint the wall the mirror hangs on a burnt orange so the current color of the mirror was not an option. I decided to experiement with a distressed wood look. I painted the mirror frame all white first. I then painted an espresso metallic paint on top. I used a fine grit sandpaper to sand down the brown paint to reveal the white underneath. I am pretty happy with the final result!



Here, is the finished look with a new wall color and new white plates from one of my favorite stores, Home Goods! I love to shop for odds and ends at cheap prices, all of my new white plates were purchased for a total of around $10. Since I used paint that I already had, the mirror revamp was totally free!


Stay tuned for more "Artfully Yours" project ideas! I am collecting photos of some of my recent weekend DIY projects to share soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment