Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Few New Projects

Here is a sampling of some other projects I've been working on. Enjoy!


This is an old lamp that was a hand me down from my Grandma. I used a matte red spray paint to paint the base and then covered the lamp shade with jute rope. Make sure if you take a lamp apart to paint you know how it goes back together! 


I have very limited storage in my kitchen so when I saw the inspiration for this measuring cup/spoon storage I knew it would be perfect for my cabinet. The original directions can be found here: http://www.infarrantlycreative.net/2011/08/5-ways-to-organize-with-cabinet-doors.html. I simplified my version but it is still just as effective. All you need are wooden paint stirrers (free from your local hardware store!) and some hooks. Make sure you get hooks that are large enough to accommodate your measuring cups/spoons. This was a very simple project that makes a big difference in your cabinet organization. No more rooting around for the right measuring spoon or cup! 

No comments:

Post a Comment